Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quiet mornings are the best

Hello Everyone!  Aahhh, there's nothing like a quiet Sunday morning, when the house is still and I have the Sunday paper all to myself and the sky is changing from it's early morning pink to purple and grey and blue.  Yes, it's one of those days where it just seems easier to appreciate all the small things that go unnoticed most of the time. 

I snuck in my first 15 minutes of play this morning, and made one little block that I quite like. 
I love the zing that hot pink solid adds to the block.  I'll keep going ahead with this, maybe one block a day for the week?  We'll see where this takes me.

This is what I'll be reading today, a Christmas gift.  This is what I refer to as a 'gentle read.'  When I worked at Chapters years ago, I was always asked to recommend a book that did not have violence or explicit passages and I always suggested The Mitford Series by Jan Karon and The Elm Creek Quilt Series by Jennifer Chiaverinni.  So if ever you need a gift for someone who does not like romance novels or murder mysteries, keep these two authors in mind.

Once I'm done my Christmas gift reading, I will have to get back to my 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'...everyone raves about it but it's taking soooo long to get into the story....guess I'll just have to keep plugging away at it.

Enjoy your day!
Mary-Frances

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a nice quiet day like I am today.

    I have read and enjoyed all of the Elm Creek series by Jennifer Chiaverinni. I have not heard of Jan Karon. I will have to remember to check out her books.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.