Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Modern quilt blocks

Hi everyone!

As promised, here is the next installment in the Modern Monday quilt project....

My fave, for this batch...

Confession time: I totally goofed when making this block, I made the turquoise blocks too small because they are supposed to form the pinwheel pattern (see the instructions here), but I really like the results...it's kinda fun, :-)

I am really lovin' that green fabric...but I only have one fat quarter and it's almost all gone!

Churn dash, wonky style.


So here are 7 of my first 8 blocks.  I'm not making the skull block, so I'll have to wing it for block number 8.


I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network and Freshly Pieced.

Enjoy!
Mary  

5 comments:

  1. totally loving these blocks! especially the wonky churn dash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful and fresh! (I wouldn't make a skull block either. Eeeew! Perhaps you can find a star block that would fit.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know; the pinwheel looks good like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lately seen many quilts made with flower blocks that look exactly like your pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.