Friday, April 12, 2013

Modern Monday quilt blocks

Hello all, happy Friday to you!  I had planned on having these blocks done earlier this week so I could show you all on Work In Progress Wednesday, but today will have to do!  My modern quilt guild meeting is next Thursday, so I will have to have blocks 9 to 16 done for then.  You can check out the originals here.

Before I show you the blocks, don't forget to check out my giveaway!  Winners will be selected Monday, April 15th, 2013.

Now, back to the quilting!  I've made four blocks so far...and they are in no particular order.

This is block 15, a double 4-patch, and I seemed to have trouble making this one wonky...I mean, I tried to make it wonky, but it came out looking like this.  Maybe I've just discovered the secret to accurate quilting for me...try to make it wonky and it will come out pretty darn straight..lol!

This is block 10, the snowball block.  I didn't make it as fancy as in the original pattern, just a straight up snowball.  The red ornament fabric is a new addition to the quilt...it's so cheery!


Block 9 is a simple string block, a nice way to use up the little bits of fabric. It's too bad my photos are so...hmmm, how shall I put this...sucky??  Yup, that's about right.  Not sure why these photos came out looking so yellow!

I totally chickened out for Block 12 and did the easier variation...take a look at the original Winged Prayer and you'll see why!

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

1 comment:

  1. Love your fabric choice in the blocks. So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.