Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bloomin' Tuesday

A few photos of my new garden.  This is my first summer in the new (to me) house and it's great fun to see what will come up next.  There's lots of work to be done even though it is a small garden as it is overgrown...can't stress the importance of planning for mature size when creating your garden!  Oh well, that's part of the fun of gardening, right?  Getting to move things here and there and imagining what it will all look like when you are done...not that you are ever really done. :-)

Enjoy!
Mary

 
A view of the eastern corner of my backyard.  I love the contrast between the goldflame spirea in the lower left-hand corner, the perennial baby's breath and the purple salvia.  The pink flower is one of many varieties of yarrow. 

I have no idea what this flower is, have to peruse the gardening books.  There are three of them in the yard and they are all very tall..2 - 3 feet.

I have never seen white perennial cornflowers before.  I have several clumps of the blue in the yard as well, but these were a surprise.

Here's a view of the rest of the backyard..see my St Francis statue in the back?  He looks right at home.  Once more I'm not quite certain what the spiky white flower is in the foreground, but it's lovely and makes a nice contrast with my hot pink geraniums.

A hardy rosebush, a morden blush I believe.

When I see the backyard like this is looks lush and lovely, but it is really overgrown...

A little turtle hiding among the lady's mantle.



1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.