Saturday, December 8, 2012

Quilting + social work = fun!

Hey everyone! It has been such a loooong time since I've posted, I'm glad to be back!  Thank you to all who continue to come visit, it means a lot.

So, what the heck have I been up to?  Well, I'm almost finished my first semester in the Social Work program here at the University of Calgary.  Life has been hectic...but isn't it always?


I was missing quilting so much I had to figure out how to incorporate it into my school work.  Here is a photo of a little wall hanging I made for a group project this semester.  It's a visual representation of our group process.  Our prof liked it so much he asked if I would agree to hang it in the Faculty office.  I am super excited about that. 

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can combine a social work career and my love of quilting...wouldn't that be awesome?

Cheers,
Mary

5 comments:

  1. I think there is an opportunity when it comes to people gathered around a quilting frame. Lots of talking and ideas. Somehow that could fit in with social work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the clever one?? Well done! Where there's a will, there's a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! How wonderful. New beginnings I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Fabric therapy cures all ills.. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.