Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Work in Progress - Stoney Creek

Hey everyone!  Just want to show you what I've been up to this week.  I've been putting together strata for my Jinny Beyer pattern, Stoney Creek, and finally mustered up the courage to cut out the pieces!!  Still have the center strata to make, so will busy myself with that today. 


Here are my floating triangles on the design wall - if you are interested in seeing the original pattern, it can be found here:
Stoney Creek
I haven't sewn them up together yet, I need to be wide awake to tackle those Y-seams! ;-)
I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Linda, Rhianon, Erin, JaneB. and to Fleur de Lis Quilts.  Thanks for signing up, appreciate it!  As always, be sure to check out what everyone else is doing over at The Needle and Thread Network and Freshly Pieced.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

15 comments:

  1. Wow Mary Frances !!! That is stunning. I love the colours you've used. It looks like a tricky pattern but well worth all the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice. Good for you to tackle it. What size does it finish at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your strata is looking wonderful! Looking forward to seeing it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful...will be exciting to see it together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors, MF. I don't envy you working with Y-seams, though. :) I am sure you will master the technique quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a big strata. It is going to be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Stoney Creek! Were you at HHSeminar #29 in 2009?? Stoney Creek mockups were done as a session there. I was there...it was great fun. Have always wanted to actually make one! I'll be watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see this block done, wow it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it will be interesting to see it sewn together, the colors in the strata look beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is stunning! I can hardly wait to see it finished. I made Jinny's Moonglow years ago, and still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is going to be beautiful...but I don't envy you and those Y seams. Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an amazing quilt. It looks very challenging. I like your color choices. Do you have any plans for the scraps from your strata? I'd be glad to take them off your hands if you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like it will be an awesome quilt, I love the colours you are using.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.