Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What's in a name?

Hey Everyone!  Ever wonder about the story behind blog names?  Well, Dawn at Sweet as Cinnamon has and she's asking us to tell our stories.  There's a Moda charm pack in it for one lucky blogger.

You can also find a few more stories over at KaHolly's blog.

As for me, I had just discovered the fabulous Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran and loved their philosophy about quilting...namely, not to worry so much about perfect piecing, but to enjoy the process.  I found a quote that said great artists didn't worry about colouring outside the lines, which I thought was perfect and wanted to incorporate that into my blog name.  However, "I think outside the line quilt designs are pretty cool" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue now, does it?!  ;-)  So, I shortened it to "outside the line."  And that's my story.

What's yours?

Cheers,
Mary-Frances

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, thanks for the plug!! The name of your blog is perfect. As a former educator, I can so relate!! I learned that lesson the hard way, while giving lessons in my home to 2 ladies. One was so 'scattered' in her sewing, and at first I was adament about her taking it out and doing it right. Finally, I gave up. You know, she was the first one to completely finish her quilt (hand-quilting the whole thing) and of the 3, hers came out the most beautiful!! Now I keep my mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.