Thursday, May 2, 2013

Almost finished

Hello everyone, what a crazy week this has been.  More divorce nonsense to deal with, DD's 24th birthday (which was lovely) and interviews for my fall practicum have kept me away from the sewing room this week.  I do have one little project that is nearly done, only the binding to go.

Here, take a peek, won't you?

Enjoy!
Mary

I'm almost done this table runner, just need to add the binding.  I bought the quick curve ruler and wanted to test it out.

I did the quilting myself, something I hope to do more of in the coming months.  I stitched in the ditch around the curves then did a back and forth pattern, a ribbon stitch or soft zig zag?  Not sure what to call it.


I filled the spaces between the curves with circles, they look a little like pebbles, don't they?


I've also started a new project for my niece's first child, due in July.  The colours are wonderful and I love this print for a baby boy.


I'm using the quick curve ruler for this one as well...here are the four blocks cut and ready to go.  I'm bringing this project with me to the quilt-along this Saturday night, so I will have more photos for you next week!


I'm using the Urban Nine-Patch pattern, but will make a crib size quilt, so there will only be nine blocks.

3 comments:

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.