Monday, December 5, 2011

The Farmer's Wife - new project for 2012

Hello Everyone!  I bought The Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt book a while ago and have been meaning to get started on it.  Thanks to Linda, I've decided to join her Farmer's Wife quilt-a-long in the new year.  It's time to get going on this project!

There are lots of groups already on flickr, so you can  see the different fabric choices people have made and how their quilts are coming together.  

Thankfully Linda will give directions for the each block using rotary cutters and rulers...no templates or hand-piecing.  She's using her batik scraps but I'm not sure what fabric I'll use for mine.  

So, 111 six-inch blocks in 52 weeks...game on!


Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, looking forward to seeing your blocks and colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9-10 blks a month - 2-3 a week.. piece of cake!!!

    I am sure you CAN do this!!! It will be fun to watch your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up. I can hardly wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the book as well ... maybe a new year project for me .... I'll be watching for some inspiration to get me started.... setting a goal is a good idea and a good place to start

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.