Saturday, December 10, 2011

What to do with your scraps - December block

Hello Everyone!  Here it is, the last of my scrap-bee blocks made and ready to send off.  In case you're unfamiliar with the whole "made" fabric movement and are wondering what I'm talking about, go check out the great tutorial on how to make fabric from scraps over at Victoria's blog. 

I'd like to welcome Annette to the blog - so nice of you to sign up!


Here is the block Alexis requested for her quilt.
  
She asked that we begin with a 6.5 inch block of made fabric...I used larger pieces of scraps this time but it still works I think.



Here are all the other elements to the star - twelve 2.5 inch hst blocks, 4 corner blocks and two rectangles to go on the sides.  Here's the link to Alexis' instructions if you want to try this out yourself  - December scrap-bee block.


Trimmed the center square and am ready to put it all together.

All done!
Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.