Saturday, August 6, 2011

August scrap-bee block

Hello everyone!  Can't believe I've actually finished my blocks for the month and have sent them out already!  They were super easy to make and I think they will make an adorable quilt.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances




The finished blocks ready to go.

I received these three pieces of fabric in the mail along with instructions on how to make the block. 

I decided to cut out a heart-shaped template instead of trying to wing it.  I made three pieces of made fabric, two pink and one red.

After I cut out the hearts, I pinned them to the fabric pieces.


I added some tear-away stabilizer underneath the blocks, then sewed the hearts onto the fabric using a zig-zag stitch.


Easy peasy and oh so pretty!


2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to make something when it's easy. These are pretty - even if I'm not much for red and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, MF. You seem to be trying all sorts of new techniques lately. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.