Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fabric, fusible web and scissors

Hello Everyone!  I've been playing a little with my fabric and some fusible web...just trying out different things.  Saw this in a book I bought, Skinny Quilts and Tablerunners and thought I'd give it a try.  See what you think.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances




Here's the blank canvas...I had to add pieces to my fabric to make the block big enough as I was determined to only use fabric from my stash for this project.


I had eight pieces of fabric with fusible web that I cut into various shapes, so I had a great selection to play with.  It's sort of like making paper snowflakes...remember that? 


Continue to add fabric..


..and more fabric..


..still more..


Don't be afraid to layer..it's all good.

When you are happy with your design, fuse that fabric!


Here's another one I made.




I could follow the pattern and make a table runner.


Or I could make a table topper or a wall hanging..this has an Andy Warhol feeling to it.


I thought I'd add a little more to this one.

And to this one.  There much better.  Now off the blocks go into my "to be quilted" pile!

4 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning! I bought a few yards of Wonder Under fusible web for a project, and am having such difficulty peeling the paper off the fabric. It's so very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun project! I am skeptical that the wunder under will stick through washings, though. Do you think it will?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beauties you have made! I can see a sunflower made that way...another project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great concept. They are all pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.