Monday, September 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday and a few finishes

Hello Everyone! It's been a busy month, travelled to Montreal then to New York City where I met the wonderful Victoria of Bumblebeans...more to come on that adventure tomorrow!

Now that I'm back home and settled in, I've been trying to get a few things finished, as I'm sure my grandchild is due to arrive by Thanksgiving!  Yoohoo!

I've also started yet another project with some delicious fabric I picked up in New York.  I'm still undecided on background fabric, I'll let that percolate for a bit and focus on getting the blocks done this week!

Enjoy,
Mary-Frances



Finally managed to get a few baby things done this past weekend.  This is one of two burrito baby wraps I made. Isn't that a great name for a baby blanket?  I bought the pattern here.


Also made a few little burp pads with some leftover flannel.


One flannel blanket to keep the baby nice and warm.


Here are the blocks currently on my design wall.  Picked these fabrics up in New York City at a small shop on 39th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue.  Paid five dollars a yard...isn't that fabulous!!  Oohh, I do love a bargain!


Am undecided on the background though...I could go traditional and use a white fabrics like on the design wall.  Or, I could really kick the vibrancy up a notch and use this wonderful Kona solid...although, I'm not sure if I have enough for the whole quilt.


Or, I could go dark and use black, or possibly navy for background to really make the blocks pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.