Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A little New York fabric

Hi Everyone - Just thought I'd show you my New York fabric purchases.  I may have to bring an extra suitcase next time to take advantage of the great prices!

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

I saw these rhinestone initials and thought they would be a perfect way to sign my "Victorian Gothic" quilt currently in the works...sometimes you just need a little bling, right?


A few little extras I picked up at the notions store.

City Quilter creates their own New York city fabric.  I picked up some subway map fabric and a night scape.


Thought the postcards and city landmarks fabric would also work together.  The quilt store also has a quilt gallery where they display art quilts.  If you do travel to New York and plan on visiting the store, don't forget to take a look at the quilts on display in the gallery.


I took one look at this wild fruit fabric and thought to myself...Carmen Miranda!  It made me laugh, so I had to buy some.  Managed to find a few fabrics to go with it.


Couldn't resist the retro cowboys and cowgirls on the right and the purses will be perfect for an I Spy quilt...someday.


Loved the fresh look of the flowers and the classic look of the turquoise fabric behind it.


I only bought two yards of this Anna Griffin fabric and when I returned two days later, it was all gone.


I am trying to add brighter colours to my fabric stash...brights on a dark background count, right?


Thought this would be perfect for a baby quilt.


This was too much fun to pass up.


This is all they had left of the Laurel Burch fabric...no wonder if went so quickly, the colours are incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.