Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What I've been up too..

Hello everyone!  I'm still here, not much happening in the way of sewing, but I did manage to get my February Scrap-Bee blocks done.  The house is chaos, but the floor and tile will be put down soon (I hope)!  In the meantime, I've been spending my days out and about town, checking out quilt stores, perusing the quilt section at the library, hanging out with quilt friends (thanks again Sue for the sewing day!) and planning this Thursday's inaugural meeting of the Calgary Sew and Sews, a little quilting group I've put together. 

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances


Here are February's Scrap-Bee blocks.  The challenge was to use five pieces of fabric or less, make sure they had angles in the block and to use bright fabrics, with a special request for turquoise and/or yellow in the blocks.
 
I have to admit, I have been very, very good at the fabric stores.  This is my biggest purchase (so far), I couldn't resist the greys and the purply-grey when I saw them and I had to try the new organic cottons in the hot pink and chartreuse.
 
I bought one meter of the purple...

and 3 meters of each grey.  Those greys are just fabulous and are popping up everywhere this year.  Yum!



 

4 comments:

  1. Love the nice neutral grays and that chartreuse is great. I need to find more of that color. I used it a lot last year. It adds such a pop of color to many of the projects I make.

    I don't think I have bought any new fabric yet in 2011.

    Who gets the scrap bee blocks?

    Have fun at the Sew & Sews (cute name!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your bee blocks, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see more grays because I have lots of brights and need something to set them off. I'm heading to USA today with friends. We're going to hit JoAnn Fabrics for sure. Maybe some grays will come home with me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked gray and recently saw a yellow and gray quilt that I wouldn't mind making. Yellow is not my colour and so it would be interesting to see how it would turn out.
    Maybe I should go digging in my sewing room to see how much I have first (just to use it up.) Gray would actually be quite nice to pair up with turquoise, pink or green.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.