Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little sewing is better than none

Hello everyone!  Thought I'd show you some of the progress I'm making on two of my projects:  the Cool Blues & my charm square stars. 

I spent this past Wednesday over at my friend Sue's house and we did some quilting, as we usually do...she has been a godsend during the renovation.  She welcomes me into her home, provides a wonderful lunch and I bring the eclairs...mmmh, I think I'm getting the better deal!!  I managed to make all of the hourglass blocks I need for my Cool Blues quilt and made one more block on my charm square stars project...here's the link for the pattern, in case you missed it last time...
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/10/charming-stars-quilt.html#more

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances


I tested out the pattern, using Dilly Dally fabric from Me & My Sister Designs and some white Kona solid...I really liked the results.
 
Two more squares and six to go.  I only have two charm square packages and cannot find another in any of the quilt stores in town...so I'm making a smaller version instead.
 
Here are a few of the blue and white blocks made for my Cool Blues quilt. 

This has been sitting in my sewing room for a few months and it's time to git'er done...this is my second PhD project and I would love to finish it by the end of the month!


2 comments:

  1. Both projects are very pretty! I'd say you've done well considering your house is in chaos. Good luck with the completions...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.