Sunday, December 5, 2010

Black and White quilt

Daily Quiltspiration - Take advantage of the great quilting books available at your local library.  It's a great way to explore different styles and color options for your own quilts without spending a lot of money.


Hello everyone!  A few days ago I mentioned two-colour quilts in my daily quiltspiration.  I thought it would be a nice change to make a black and white quilt with a dash of colour added just for fun. 


Here are my black on white fabrics....
  
...and the contrasting white on black.


I can't decide which of these would give my quilt the most zing...that hot pink in the back is a definite contender.  The solids are from Kona - I bought them in July and have been too afraid to cut into them!


Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

3 comments:

  1. I have made a couple of B&W quilts and love them. I like lime green or hot pink with the black, although turquoise is also wonderful. And red...not much help here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I've seen a black and white quilt. The prints are beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished project. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot pink is my vote. It will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.