Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Quilty Resolutions

Hello Everyone!

Goodness, where has the time gone?  This year has simply flown by and I for one am glad to see 2010 come to an end, hoping the new year will bring more joy than sorrow for us all.

I don't usually make new year's resolutions (mostly because I never keep them!), but thought it would be a good idea to resolve to make a few changes, especially as it relates to quilting, because let's face it, those last 10 pounds I "should" lose are never coming off and there's no way I'm ever taking up jogging...or doing yoga again...ever.

Here's what I hope to do this coming year:


1. I will treat every quilt I make as a learning experience, an opportunity to say 'wow I really like what I did here' or 'wow, what was I thinking?' and leave it at that.

2.  I will spend as much time as possible in my sewing room (or garden), working on projects I enjoy, without apologizing for the dust or general disorder of the house, life is short and I have quilts to make (and flowers to tend to)!!

3. I will challenge myself in ways that are meaningful to me, by using colours outside my comfort zone, trying new techniques, and quilting something bigger than lap-size quilts!

4. I will use up most of , half, ok, a quarter of my stash instead of simply buying new fabric for each new project (I'm already wavering on this one!) I don't think I can actually keep this resolution, so how about this:  I will try to use fabric from my stash as much as possible in the coming year.  Yup, this seems doable. ;-)

5. I will enjoy the process (unless I have to cut over 100 half-square triangles or something ridiculous...I can't promise I'll enjoy that process, but whatever, you get the idea) and worry less about the outcome.

Happy New Year to you all!
Mary-Frances

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I love your type of resolution. Looking forward to seeing some funtasticly finished quilts. All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good resolutions! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely excellent resolutions. They mirror some of my very own. Happiest of New Years and I say amen! a better than last year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.