Thursday, December 30, 2010

Scrap - Bee Blocks for January

Hello Everyone!

It's good to be back home and working in my sewing room again.  I joined an on-line quilting bee a few weeks ago and we begin the fun this January.  It's a scrap-bee going on at the 15 minutes of play blog (http://www.15minutesplay.com/), check it out if you have the chance.  Every month, one person sends out instructions for the kind of block they would like you to make.  The secret ingredient here is we all have to use 'made' fabric from scraps for our blocks.  Here are the blocks I made for January:



See how the triangles are made up of a variety of fabrics?

I used telephone book paper as the foundation for the triangles (as per the instructions I was given for the block).

We all have to make 10 inch blocks using scraps with red strips and a yellow center. I only had to make one block, but it was so much fun to do I made three.    
 My month for the scrap-bee is April, so I have a while before I need to decide what kind of block I want everyone to make.  I can't wait to see what this quilt will look like once all the blocks are put together.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up scraps and still have a quilt that looks planned with the red X's being the standard in each block. Love it! I will have to go check out that blog. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back. That looks interesting. I hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.