Friday, December 3, 2010

How many days to Christmas???

Daily Quiltspiration - If you find the idea of colour selection daunting, why not make a classic two-colour quilt, like blue and white, or red and white.


Hello everyone!  We've made it through another week, yoohoo!  Please make sure to take some time for yourself today, even if it is only 5 minutes.  The crazy hectic time of year is fast approaching...although, for some, it's always crazy hectic :-)!

This summer I made a quilt for my DD's boyfriend, it was from a kit.  After that lovely experience, I told my DD that I would never, ever, ever, make a quilt from a kit again....famous last words, as since then I have made one baby quilt from a kit (although I did change a few things and added some wonky blocks) and am now thinking of making this Christmas wall hanging.  I just can't help myself I guess, I see these lovelies on display at craft/quilt shows and I think, "yeah, sure, I could do that, it won't take much time, I'll just whip it up, all the fabric is selected for me, the instructions are easy, I'll have it done in no time." (cue hysterical laughter)  Righto - does any of this sound familiar?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. ;-)

So here goes nothing...wish me luck!

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances


This is the center panel for the wall hanging - a total cheater, but the Santa's are too cute, so couldn't pass it up.

I'll use the rest of the fabric to make twister blocks (you can see them on the pattern on the right) and a red flange around the center panel...and that's it.


2 comments:

  1. I love the cheater panel. You picked out nice coordinating fabrics, too. I was surprised that you only have to add a border. You will have it done quickly, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't give up and it's ready for this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.