Friday, October 8, 2010

Extra blocks? Make art!

Good morning all -

Just thought I'd share with you a little something I did with two quilt blocks.  They are from projects I started in 2004, but never finished. 

I took a class for each and of course in the class you make your initial block, then are supposed to do the rest at home, but that just didn't work out for me.  So, instead of putting the blocks away, I thought I'd add a little colour to my walls. 

All you need to do is pick up a few inexpensive frames - these are from IKEA - and insert the block into the frame.  There's no need to add any type of adhesive to the back of the quilt block.  Voila, something colourful for your wall.


I still have all the fabric for these quilts tucked away in the sewing room, I've been toying with the idea of pulling it out and actually finishing the projects....something else to add to my ever growing 'quilts to make' list!

Cheers,
Mary-Frances

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. You can have a whole lot of these on hand and when you get tired of looking at the ones on the wall, switch them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look beautiful! I have a few framed quilt blocks on my walls, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.