Monday, October 18, 2010

Summer garden

Hello everyone!  Thought I would share photos of my garden as it looked in July.  Don't forget to check out all the other fab gardens at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/  because it's Bloomin' Tuesday!  Yoohoo!



I love how some flowers are known by different names, like Granny's Bonnet for Columbines.
 
Iris in the back bed.
 
Firewitch Dianthus

Blooming Hen & Chicks, seen from above.


Another shot of the Hen & Chicks.
  
Unamed variety of Clematis.

Snow-in-Summer


Pillow Talk Peony


One of my containers on the back deck, in full shade.


Second container, this one is in full sun.
 


Two more photos of the containers on my back deck - I didn't plant anything fancy this year, just wanted a few familiar favourites, like lobelia which is without a doubt one of my all-time favourites.




Dragon's blood sedum


4 comments:

  1. Love your summer garden but the white stuff you had a few days ago. Brrr way too early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobelia is one of my favorite plants too, how can anyone resist that shade of blue? Your hen and chicks were blooming so well, how pretty! I miss July, too.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer garden must have been amazing! Your pictures are beautiful. I love the way you cluster your pots, perfect! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the plants look gorgeous! Haha you're making me miss summer with all of the lovely photos! Talk to you tonight!

    xoxox Victoria

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.