Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Scrap happy

Daily Quiltspiration - Have fun with your fabric.  The old and the new, the gorgeous and the ugly and the downright boring.  Remember its FABRIC.  Be an equal opportunity fabric user and let those scrap quilts pull it all together.
                                                          - Bonnie Hunter
                                                             http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

Hello everyone!  I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Kerry, nlmcelwee and Alisa!  Thanks for signing on - yoohoo!  I'd like to thank all those who leave comments for me as well - it's good to hear from you.

I feel like I've won the lottery today, the scrap lottery that is.  I recently took part in a scrap exchange and I received my parcel from Kelly of http://www.pinkadotquilts.blogspot.com/ last night.  Thank you so much Kelly, the fabrics are truly wonderful!

Cheers,
Mary-Frances


Look at all the wonderful scraps I received.  All of this - and a book! -  arrived in one 10 x 12 envelope. Clearly I could take some packing lessons from Kelly. :) 

Lots of great projects in here.

Here are some larger pieces of fabric -  romantic florals, my favourite.  Love the April Cornell stripe.

Look how cute the Hallowe'en themed fabrics are!

These blue and whites are definitely going into my Cool Blues quilt.

Look at this piece - I love it - is it a tiara?  part of a rooster's crown?  part of a flower?  Dig the retro scissor fabric above it! 

Ta-daa - my new rotary cutters! 

  
Naturally, I had to pick up some fabric while I was at the quilt store - at 50% off, this Hallowe'en fabric is perfect for next year's project - because there is no way I'm getting it done this year! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is lot of fabric for a small envelope--my eye is drawn to those Halloween scraps! What a fun trade idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the scraps and cant't wait to see what you do with some of them! I am not sure how the "tiara" got in there. Probably was stuck on another piece. I don't even remember what it was for!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.