Friday, October 29, 2010

A Good Day

Hello everyone !  I hope you all are having a wonderful day.  I was fortunate enough to spend most of my Thursday in the sewing room.  I did some sewing, some pressing, some daydreaming (of new projects) and even a little cleaning up.  Here's what I accomplished -

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances
 
Remember this?
  
I sewed the strips together today - one strip for each colour group.

Then cut them into 2 1/2 inch strips. 

Five strips equals one block...

Four blocks equals one row....
 
Four rows equals one quilt top!  It's 41 inches square.  I still have 15 strips left, mostly of the browns and creams, so I could make it a little longer.  I'll have to think about what I want to do. 


Remember this scrappy "made" fabric?  I took a few minutes to play...


Cut strips  - 3.5 inches wide.

Cut the strips into 3.5 inch blocks.
 
Four of the above, makes one of these.  There are a number of ways you could create this type of block - this is just one way.  Foundation piecing is another way.



All sewing came to a halt when Rex (the daschund) came over to play with Max (our Sheltie).  The two little rascals were running all over the house, so I decided to call it a day!


2 comments:

  1. Mary-Frances you are very productive! I love the idea about cleaning up before making another mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with your blue fabric. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.