Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Howler

Hello everyone!  A special welcome to Joyce, thanks for becoming a follower! Appreciate the support!

I'm heading out to a Halloween party this evening.  A costume party with a 50's, 60's and 70's theme.  For my costume, I thought I would channel my inner Joan from the series Mad Men...meaning I want to look like this tonight...


Unfortunately, I have a feeling I'm going to end up looking like this....



LOL!  That's a photo of actress Andrea Martin dressed as her character Edith Prickly....let's hope there's more "Joan" than "Edith" in my costume tonight! 

As for quilting, here are a few photos of the Astor Manor jelly roll project I'm working on.


Two strips sewn together then cut into 2 1/2 inch strips, ready to make my four patches.
 
A few extra blocks were cut to make sure I had enough four patch blocks to go across the top of the quilt.
 
I put two strip of brown at the top and the bottom of the quilt center.  The four patches are ready to be sewn together then added to the top.


A closer shot of the top portion of the quilt.  I still have a few strips of fabric left, they will be used in some way for the bottom portion of the quilt.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.