Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Christmas containers ready

Hello everyone!  I hope all is well in your corner of the world.  I did a little switcheroo on the front containers this past weekend.  I took out the fall/Halloween decorations and added the Christmas ones.  I've noticed some of the big chain stores have some of their fresh greenery available, which means a trip to the garden center is in order.  I always go there first as they have a wider selection of greenery like spruce and pine. I then buy the cedar at a big name store as it is less expensive. 

Here are some photos of the front containers, they have plants that I hope will last through until the spring (fingers crossed).  I'll be sure to post photos of the back yard containers as I get them ready for Christmas this coming weekend.

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances 


Some of the greenery is turning yellow - not a good thing.  Will pick up some Wilt-Proof at the garden center and see if that keeps it looking green....at least until the new year!



I might add some lights to the cedar.


The Christmas wreath is on the front door - I'm not the first on the block though!


Found these fun pillows and draft stopper at Pier One today.


1 comment:

  1. I like those arrangements! Your home must be looking so festive already. I want to make an outdoor arrangement this week if I get time. I go around and cut down my own greenery. It's nice to have a supply of pine trees, cedar, etc. this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.