Thursday, November 25, 2010

Girl guide quilts

Daily Quiltspiration - Never underestimate the value of taking a class, even if you are an experienced quilter.
                                                                                
Hello everyone!  I spent last evening with my daughter's girl guide troupe.  I had two quilts ready for them to put together.  They spread out the backing fabric and the batting then added the quilt top and tied one using embroidery thread - it was chaos!  Some of the girls tried their hand at hand quilting...it was a bit of a challenge for them but they did seem to enjoy themselves.

One of the quilt tops, with the squares the girls made last week.


I made a few split-nine patches for this one.
 

Here's the quilt all done and ready to be put together.

Here are some more of the houses the girls made.  I was going to put them all together in one quilt, but that would have been too much, so I will end up making three more quilts using three or four of the houses in each.


Here's a better view of their handiwork.  Bear in mind they are 9 - 11 year old girls.

Too sweet - a thank you card and picture from the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.