Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween photos and jelly roll update

Daily Quiltspiration - Don't be afraid to abandon a project that isn't working for you.
                                                                               - Freddy Moran

Hello everyone!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  My favourite part of Halloween is seeing what costumes everyone wears - we had two cute little skunks come to the door, a handful of princesses, Harry Potter characters and the standard vampires, superheroes and witches.  My daughter, Sarah, decided to carve two of our pumpkins this year and they looked wonderful.  Thanks Sarah!



Love the spider carving.

Here's my 50's style faux fur jacket I picked up at Winner's a few weeks a go. It was perfect for my costume - which looked nothing like Joan from Mad Men unfortunately!
 
Sarah in her flapper ensemble - pin curls and all!
 
Sarah & Justin, aka Al Capone and his moll.

Now on to the quilt!  I picked up some brown fabric for the border of the Jelly Roll quilt yesterday and a little extra just in case.
 
Here's what I managed to accomplish today - the last two rows of 2 - 1/2 inch squares.  I'm hoping to get the border on tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed I get to it! :)

Mary-Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.