Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt

Hello everyone!  It's bloomin' Tuesday!  I don't have flowers in my garden any more but do go take a peek at all the gardens over at Ms. Green thumbs http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/.  The only flowers I have now are found on my latest quilt project - which I finished today - yoohoo!

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances


Here's the quilt top, ready for the  borders to be sewn on.  I wanted to see what I could make using only one jelly roll.  I only have 1/4 of a strip leftover, so I did pretty well I think.

I decided on a 6.5 inch border.  I didn't want to piece the border so I bought 2 m of fabric to make sure I could cut it in one piece. 
 
Getting the border ready to sew on.

Two down, two to go.  I considered leaving it like this, but decided to add the top and bottom borders as well.

All finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.