Sunday, November 14, 2010

A whole lotta no, then finally a maybe

Hello everyone!  Have you ever started a project with an image in your head of what the quilt will look like and then part way through realized there is no way your quilt will look like you imagined it?  Sometimes that's actually very, very good.  And sometimes, not so much.  That seems to be the case with my civil war print quilt.  Do you want to see what I'm talking about?  Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you....


So here's the block, it's not so bad, the colours and fabrics are good...

...this is what it looks like all together, which is how I had originally planned it, but it kind of makes me nauseous with all that paisley floating around...I don't think that's a good thing... 

...I thought I'd try this....mmmhh no, not this one...
  
...how about this?  Meh, does nothing for me...


How about this?  Ummm, no, now it's making me dizzy....

Ok, so what about this?  Definitely a no, the paisley look like tire tracks now, not the look I'm going for...


Ok, well, this one has definite possibilities, it has nice movement, the scrappiness looks good, the paisley is not overwhelming (it actually looks worse in the photos for some reason, has to be the camera, right? lol) and I think some log cabins in the center might do the trick.

So after several attempts, I think I might have found something that could work....I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy!
Mary-Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for leaving a comment.